The core of my research focuses on understanding physical processes in coastal environments and linking these to evolution of the coast over a range of time scales. Specific topics of interest include:
- Wave driven surf zone currents on beaches and reefs.
- Inlet dynamics and interaction with adjacent coast.
- Mechanisms of sediment transport in near coastal waters.
- Beach and coastal response to storms and sea level rise.
- Development of new in situ and remote sensing techniques to measure waves, water levels, and currents in the surf zone.
- Development of topographic and nearshore bathymetric mapping systems.